At Black Forest Optical (BFO) we pride ourselves on delivering a very personalized and boutique service to suit the needs of our patients. Our amazing team goes above and beyond in order to ensure all your eye health and vision needs are met. We purposefully allow for longer eye appointments in order to ensure all our patients have ample time to discuss their eye health and have their vision needs met. Furthermore, our Optometrist is very experienced in providing a high standard of eye care, so you can be at ease knowing your eye health is in safe hands.
The BFO team understands how important your eyes and vision are in experiencing all of the joys life has to offer.
For this reason we feel regular eye health checkups (annually for those over 65) are vital for the early detection and monitoring of conditions including: Diabetic Retinopathy, Glaucoma, Cataracts, Uveitis, Dry Eyes, Macular Degeneration and Hypertensive Retinopathy.
Many of these conditions often go unnoticed in their initial stages, with prompt surveillance, detection and management we can help to reduce/prevent vision loss from occurring.
Sometimes you need a little help achieving your very best vision!
BFO has an extensive range of prescription glasses to suit all budgets:
- Choose from designer brands including: Tom Ford (exclusive), Tiffany, Burberry, Maui Jim (exclusive), Oakley, Ray Bans, Jono Hennessey, Carter Bond, Sass & Bide and Silhouette to name a few!
- We understand not all our patients’ budgets are the same and have an extensive range of more affordable high-quality options.
- BFO accepts all Private Health Funds, DVA and Pension cards. In most cases we are also able to offer Gap-free or minimal gap prescription frame packages! (Ts. & Cs. Apply).
- Furthermore, being a local South-Australian owned practice, we can offer the highest quality of lenses at very reasonable prices.
- We also exclusively supply prescription certified Safety Glasses from Bollé.
- Our Optometrist is highly skilled at teaching patients how to easily fit and care for their contact lenses.
- Being privately owned, we are able to offer contact lenses at affordable prices.
- We offer a commitment free quote for repair of any broken/damaged glasses you may have.
- In many cases, we are able to repair your glasses and allow you get back to enjoying your best life!
As we age, our vision and eye care needs tend to increase. For this reason, at BFO we are extremely passionate about caring for the eye health and vision needs of elderly Australians.
We offer a unique Optometry visiting service for our patients in aged care facilities or at home.
Please contact us if you have a family member at home or are an aged care facility and we will work with you to arrange a visit.
Our full-time Optometrist is therapeutics qualified allowing for:
- Medical management with PBS medications for many eye conditions (e.g. infections) to be commenced immediately without delay
- Shared care of your eye health with your Ophthalmologist and/or GP